1. AGENCY: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). The NRCS assists private landowners in conservation and wise use of land, water, wildlife and related resources.
2. CFDA NO.: 10.902 Soil and Water Conservation
3. PURPOSE: The purpose of this request is to solicit proposals from interested parties to increase the awareness of landowners and the general public of the benefits of properly grazed lands by promoting grazing knowledge throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Healthy Pennsylvania grazing lands translate directly into forage for livestock, habitat for wildlife, economic stability and sustainability of agricultural producers, and rural communities, and clean water for many municipalities. Proper management of vegetation, soil, waters, and animal resources leads to increased benefits to all users.
Not all privately owned grazing lands are managed for optimum potential and sustainability. Applied knowledge leads to wise land management decisions which benefit the resource and exert positive influence on social perceptions of agricultural land management by the non-agricultural public. Educational programs can disseminate this knowledge by encouraging acceptance and adoption of grazing land management technologies and achievement of multiple benefits through a comprehensive planning process. Through recognition of private property rights and voluntary participation in conservation programs, environmental, economic and social benefits at the local level will be best realized and secured.
4. Action: Notice of Requests for Proposals.
5. Summary: Under Title 16 United States Code
Who can apply:
Eligible functional categories:
Soil and Water Conservation
If you have problems accessing the full announcement, please contact:
Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service, Pennsylvania State Office